Directorate of Human Resources was established in 2005 as a result of a restructuring exercise that recommended an integrated and dynamic human resources system in the University. The Directorate is headed by a Director who reports to the Deputy Vice Chancellor-Finance and Administration.
The MANDATE of the Directorate is Management and development of the Human Resources of Makerere University.
The VISION To be the provider of excellent Human Resource service at Makerere University.
The MISSION To create an environment which maximizes the use of the Human Resources best practices and modern technology T
he Directorate’s STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES include:
- To design and implement a Human Resource Directorate structure to meet the needs of the University.
- To re-engineer the existing organizational culture towards positive work attitude.
- To formulate, implement and review the Human Resource Management Policies in line with the University strategic plan.
- Develop and implement a training policy which will address all the identified training needs of the University staff in line with the University Mission.
- To develop, implement, update and review a staff welfare policy in line with the Human Resource department Mission.
- To develop, implement, review and update a knowledge management policy in line with University policy.
- Review, re-design and implement macro and micro structures of the University, to meet the University Mission.